Are you a student who is already in the United States with an active I-20? Then transfer to a Cal-America ESL class by following the simple steps below!
Step 1: Fill out this application
Step 2: Determine total amount due
- Application fee = $100.00 USD
- I-20 Processing fee =$100.00 USD
- Tuition deposit = $200.00 USD
Step 3: Compile documents
- Paper application (if you did not use the online form)
- Cal America Transfer Eligibility Form
- You print it out and fill out the top portion
- Then submit the form to the school you are currently attending or last attended
- The school will fill out the rest of the form
- When your previous school releases your records in SEVIS, Cal-America will issue your new I-20
- Copy of passport (photo page)
- Copy of F-1 visa
- Copy of I-94
- Either a copy or the original printout of your current I-20
- Bank statement
- Statement must be dated within 90 days of your Cal-America starting date
- Statement must show a balance of at least $4,500.00 USD
- If you have a sponsor
- Include affidavit of support stating the sponsor’s responsibility for the student’s expenses
- Include sponsor’s bank statement
- Credit card (Visa or Mastercard only)
- Authorization form Download
- Cashier’s check or international money order
Step 4: Send compiled documents to Cal-America Education Institute
Fax: 1. 213. 383. 5110
Mail: ATTN: Admissions,
Cal America Education Institute.
2960 Wilshire Blvd, 2nd Floor,
Los Angeles, CA 90010 USA
Step 5: We mail to you the following:
- Cal-America acceptance letter
Step 6: Take all documents to your current school, so they can process the transfer
Take all of the documents we sent to you in step 5
Step 7: Study English in the USA
- Make new friends!
- Have new experiences!
- Accomplish your goals!
- Have fun!
Please note that you must register for a minimum of 12 weeks of full time course of study in order to receive an I-20 from Cal America.
Your application will be processed once we have received all the required documents and fees listed above.
If you have any questions regarding applying to Cal America, please ask before you submit your application form to us.